The Center for ReSource Conservation hosts a regular series of conservation events open to the public, including seminars, lectures, networking, workshops, conservation tours, and more! Our events are displayed in blue on the calendar.
As a proud member of Colorado’s conservation community, we promote events hosted by our partners in the Front Range. These events are listed in green.
If you know of an event that helps communities put conservation into action, let us know.
- This event has passed.
Water-Wise Landscape Seminar: H2Overhaul: A Water-Wise Landscape Transformation
July 27 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Important H2Overhaul Program Forms and Details:
Program Overview and Important Dates:
H2Overhaul PowerPoint Presentations:
The lawn is your household’s biggest water consumer. A water-wise landscape can help you save more and spend less on your summer water bill. Attend this FREE workshop and learn how to give your home turf a water-wise overhaul with help from the experts.
We’ll cover how to:
- Select the best (and least problematic) areas of your lawn to convert
- Prepare your landscape for removing turfgrass
- Remove your grass
- Prepare your turf-less area for planting
- Select the best low-water perennials for your new garden bed
- Find the best irrigation solutions, and more!
* Any Thornton Water customer that attends this seminar and participants in the full program will be eligible to receive a FREE H2Overhal Toolkit that includes a 200 square foot Garden In A Box and a spray to drip irrigation conversion kit. In order to receive these benefits, participants must attend this seminar, and then following the seminar apply for the program and convert 200 square feet (or more) of their front yard turf into water-wise landscaping. Participation is limited to 35 residents so register today!
Speaker: Alison Peck of Matrix Gardens
Registration for this seminar is full as of 7/17/17. Please email us at email@example.com to sign up for the wait list!