Slow the Flow Colorado is a free sprinkler inspection program available primarily to residents of participating Colorado water providers. In some jurisdictions HOAs and commercial properties are also eligible. The sprinkler inspections – also known as irrigation audits – are conducted by trained water auditors.
Or call (303) 999-3824
***PLEASE HAVE YOUR WATER ACCOUNT NUMBER AVAILABLE***
Why should I participate?
- Professional service provided at no charge to you, with substantial benefits to your landscape
- Receive a customized watering schedule for a green, long-lasting landscape
- Learn practical, easy, do-it-yourself sprinkler maintenance
- Learn how to maximize the life of your system
- Learn how to improve your systems performance
- You will be doing your part to help conserve Colorado water
How much does the inspection cost?
Nothing. 24 water providers partnered with the CRC to make this popular program free to their residents.
How long will it take?
The entire process will take about 2 hours.
When can I get an inspection?
Inspections run from June until August annually.
Who will do the inspection? Professionally-trained water auditors from the Center for ReSource Conservation (CRC).
What happens at the inspection?
A sprinkler inspection includes the following:
- A visual inspection to pinpoint any problems in your sprinkler system
- Tests to measure the precipitation rate of your sprinkler system
- Tests to determine how evenly the water is covering the intended area
- Soil sample to determine root depth and soil type
What will I get after the inspection?
You will receive a customized watering schedule as well as recommendations & tips to make your sprinkler system more effective and efficient.
Click Here to see the common problems that are addressed during an audit.
- Review your eligibility. If you receive water from a participating water provider (see below) AND you have an operating underground irrigation system, you are eiligible. HOA’s and commercial sites, please call (303) 999-3824 for eligibility.
- Request an Inspection. Complete the request form here or call (303) 999-3824
- Schedule an Inspection. After we have received your request, we will contact you during the summer months to set up an individual 2-hour appointment with a trained water auditor at your home.”
Participating Cities & Utilities
“We appreciate this free service, especially since it is heavily directed toward water conservancy – and we are saving money as the consumer.”
“The auditor was very thorough and even helped to unclog heads and direct spray direction on several heads. She was also early for the appointment and finished in a timely manner.”
“Did I mention that the auditor was great?!? I cannot overstate her value to the community as well as to your organization.”
“This was a tremendous help to me for conserving water while maintaining a healthy lawn.”
“This is a wonderful program, and I am so grateful that we were able to receive this irrigation audit! I will encourage my neighbors to sign up for this.”
“I’ve told all my neighbors about it and suggested they get on the list for next year. They’re all excited.”
“The auditor was on time and explained my problems effectively in an easy to understand manner.”